6.06.2009

Life's not perfect...but it's pretty dang good

I've been slackin' on the blog front lately. Last week was pretty intense—my first week of working out and eating well, Pierre moving in with all his stuff before he heads to Oz in three weeks, trying to clear the head space and focus on some really positive personal stuff (and not so much on some really stressful relationship stuff), etc. etc. Excuses, excuses, I know :)
Despite the fact that I haven't been flexing my writing muscles, I am in a great space. It's really amazing how much better I feel after just a week of healthy active living/eating. This is the first time I've felt such an expansive and intense support system around me to encourage me to take care of myself. Deirdre, Luke, Joey, Mike and everyone at the club have been more than helpful and fun and good-humored and excited. The family, as always is supportive. And B of course is, as always, more supportive than I could hope for.
So after three workouts and five days of eating well, I feel great. How amazing would it be for me to be able to be in Australia in July and feel pseudo-comfy in a bathing suit? What a concept!
Today, though I faltered a bit. I went to the VCHS graduation to see Sophie, Cambria, Jake and others go through their ceremony. I caught myself in bitch mode, wondering why it seemed to be such a big deal. Then I remembered how important my HS grad was to me—how stressed I was about everything being perfect...the ceremony, the speech, the afterparty, etc. So it was nice to just soak up the moment and feel pride in my friends who have opened a new chapter in their lives.
The party with the Glos was fantastic. S and T sang together, and aped around like chimps. It was great to meet the extended T and D families: sisters, brothers, sons and daughters. S could have a huge party with just her first cousins and call it good. I felt pretty honored to be there, plus it was relaxing and very chill.
I find my eyes closing as i write this, so I apologize if it's not coherent. I'll write more in the next day or two and will hopefully be a bit more direct organized and clear. Happy almost Sunday to everyone ;)

No comments: